Home & School Association
The Wandell Home and School Association is an organization of parents and teachers working together to organize and support quality programs for our children and to provide support to the school wherever it is needed. We depend solely on the support of various fund raisers and yearly family dues to underwrite each of these programs.
Officers of Home & School for the 2012-13 school year are:
Goals of the Home and School Association:
· To promote and support the safety and welfare of children in the home, school, and community.
· To foster an open relationship and cooperative spirit among parents, professional staff, and administration.
· To encourage educational excellence so that maximum growth and development of every child may be realized.
· To facilitate open communication within the school community; provide an open forum for school issues; recommend actions concerning them; and raise funds to be used for enrichment.
Committees (Chair Person & Board Member):
Programs and Activities:
Home and School organizes and supports the following list of programs and activities.
· Trunk or Treat: On the playground, after school, students celebrate Halloween by trick-or-treating from elaborately decorated vehicles.
· Thanksgiving Feast: A school wide celebration for students, families, and staff designed to promote the Wandell community spirit.
· Book Fair: Each fall and spring H&S assembles a childrens book store inside the school to encourage students love for reading.
· Class Moms: Parents organize parties, chaperone field trips, and provide a communication link between teachers and parents.
· High School Scholarships: Two $250 scholarships are awarded to college bound high school students living in
· Birthday Books: On their birthday, each student selects a book as a gift from H&S to add to their home libraries.
· Accelerated Readers Prize: Each year the student who completes the most accelerated readers will receive a plaque commemmorating their achievement.
· Ice Cream Day: Ten times each year, after students have finished their lunches, H&S distributed free ice cream.
· Dads Game Day: Dads blue vs. gold baseball game to raise funds for charitable organizations.
· Teacher Appreciation Luncheon: A luncheon to thank Wandells dedicated educators for another successful year.
· Field Day: Students favorite day of the year! A friendly school wide blue vs. gold competition: games, activities, and picnic lunch.
Home & School Meetings:
H&S meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month, 8:15 a.m., in the multi-purpose room
2011-12 Meeting Schedule:
December (no meeting)
September 15- Back to School Night
June 8th Field Day Rain Date